Over the past 12 years, I have worked in print, radio and digital media. I’m currently the editor of Ella CyclingTips, where you’ll see my most recent and ongoing work.
Up until June 2015, I worked as the Communications Director at Cascade Bicycle Club, where I managed all marketing and communications needs including the organization’s website, print publications, blog, e-newsletters, event materials, social media and more.
Prior to the nonprofit world, I was the lead reporter, editor and photographer at the Ballard News-Tribune. I also worked in communications at Greenpeace International, produced radio shows for Yin Radio and freelanced for various publications including Bicycling Magazine, Podium Cafe, Outdoors NW, The Boise Weekly, Seattle Bike Blog, Boise Metropolitan Magazine and Crosscut.
A few samples:
- Cycling delivered my dreams: How the bike earned me a medal at PyeongChang
- When it rains, it pours and this season’s been a thunderstorm.
- Van der Poel, undone: Van Aert wins cyclocross worlds
- Meet the woman who designed the Bianche Pista
- Meet the woman who saved Enve Composites from bankruptcy
- Tears of Joy: Sanne Cant wins the 2017 UCI Cyclocross World Championships
- The White Line is Calling: An end to the year without Marianne Vos
- Podcast: Genevieve Jeanson on making peace with a tainted past
- Is Road Dead?
- The complicated case of women’s cycling and minimum wage
- Paving the way for transgender cyclists: The story of Jillian Bearden
- Mud, strippers and Sven Nys: Portland’s wild singlespeed CX world championships
- Meet Sanne Cant, the most dominant woman in cyclocross
- Genevieve Jeanson: Making Peace With the Past
- Anne-Marije’s guest appearance on the We Got to Hangout podcast
- Why Specialized decided to step away from gender-specific geometry
- From roadie to retired, part 1
- Makeup, hair and style: Does the way you look on a bike matter?
- Equal Prizes for Women’s Racing: Perspectives from a Promoter and a Racer
- What Twitter has done for women’s cycling
In magazines and print:
- Bicycling Magazine. This Couple Left Everything Behind to Go on the Criterium Adventure of a Lifetime. May 2016.
- PassageMaker Magazine. Cruising with two wheels. February 2016.
- The Cascade Courier: Dozens of articles featured between July 1, 2013 and May 1, 2015.
- NW Cyclist, Spring 2013. Two articles: Hitting the Dirt and Finding a Home in the Northwest Bike Industry.
- Nordic Heritage Museum‘s Nordic Kulture. January 2014. Bicycling in Nordic Countries: the best view is from two wheels.
- Law enforcement and judiciary still in the dark about Vulnerable User Law. Cascade Bike Blog. February 2014
- “We are all Norwegians tonight“: Hundreds come out to mourn and pray, and stand in solidarity with Norway. Ballard News-Tribune . July, 2011
- ONGOING: OAC sold, Lifetime memberships dissolved. Ballard News-Tribune. December 2011.
- City legalizes medical marijuana co-ops, Ballard dispensary breathes a sigh of relief. The Ballard News-Tribune. July 2011.
- Ten years later: Donna O’Steen’s family continues to look for answers. The Ballard News-Tribune. November 2011.
Advice and opinion
- 10 ways to make sure someone won’t ride with you ever again. Ella CyclingTips. March 2016.
- Opinion: podium boys are no better than podium girls. Ella CyclingTips. March 2016.
- What you need to know about riding with “the boys”. Ella CyclingTips. September 1, 2015.
- An open letter to Oleg Tinkov. Ella CyclingTips. September 2015
- How To: Ride with less stress during *that time* of the month. Ella CyclingTips and the Cascade Courier. 2015
- Women Bike: Advice Column. Cascade Courier. 2015.