Over the past 12 years, my work has appeared in print, radio and digital media outlets across the globe.
I have also contributed to several books, podcasts and zines.
My freelance career aside, I most recently worked full time as a founding editor of Ella CyclingTips, and you can still find hundreds of my articles there.
Prior to Ella, I worked as the Communications Director at the nation’s largest bike advocacy non-profit, Cascade Bicycle Club. At Cascade I managed all marketing and communications needs including the organization’s website, print publications, blog, e-newsletters, event materials, social media and more.
Before Cascade, I was the lead reporter, editor and photographer at The Ballard News-Tribune; worked in communications at Greenpeace International; produced radio shows for Yin Radio; and freelanced for various publications world-wide.
- Cycling delivered my dreams: How the bike earned me a medal at PyeongChang
- When it rains, it pours and this season’s been a thunderstorm.
- Van der Poel, undone: Van Aert wins cyclocross worlds
- Meet the woman who designed the Bianche Pista
- Meet the woman who saved Enve Composites from bankruptcy
- Tears of Joy: Sanne Cant wins the 2017 UCI Cyclocross World Championships
- The White Line is Calling: An end to the year without Marianne Vos
- Podcast: Genevieve Jeanson on making peace with a tainted past
- Is Road Dead?
- The complicated case of women’s cycling and minimum wage
- Paving the way for transgender cyclists: The story of Jillian Bearden
- Mud, strippers and Sven Nys: Portland’s wild singlespeed CX world championships
- Meet Sanne Cant, the most dominant woman in cyclocross
- Genevieve Jeanson: Making Peace With the Past
- Anne-Marije’s guest appearance on the We Got to Hangout podcast
- Why Specialized decided to step away from gender-specific geometry
- From roadie to retired, part 1
- Makeup, hair and style: Does the way you look on a bike matter?
- Equal Prizes for Women’s Racing: Perspectives from a Promoter and a Racer
- What Twitter has done for women’s cycling
In magazines and print:
- Bicycling Magazine. This Couple Left Everything Behind to Go on the Criterium Adventure of a Lifetime. May 2016.
- PassageMaker Magazine. Cruising with two wheels. February 2016.
- The Cascade Courier: Dozens of articles featured between July 1, 2013 and May 1, 2015.
- NW Cyclist, Spring 2013. Two articles: Hitting the Dirt and Finding a Home in the Northwest Bike Industry.
- Nordic Heritage Museum‘s Nordic Kulture. January 2014. Bicycling in Nordic Countries: the best view is from two wheels.
- Law enforcement and judiciary still in the dark about Vulnerable User Law. Cascade Bike Blog. February 2014
- “We are all Norwegians tonight“: Hundreds come out to mourn and pray, and stand in solidarity with Norway. Ballard News-Tribune . July, 2011
- ONGOING: OAC sold, Lifetime memberships dissolved. Ballard News-Tribune. December 2011.
- City legalizes medical marijuana co-ops, Ballard dispensary breathes a sigh of relief. The Ballard News-Tribune. July 2011.
- Ten years later: Donna O’Steen’s family continues to look for answers. The Ballard News-Tribune. November 2011.
Advice and opinion
- 10 ways to make sure someone won’t ride with you ever again. Ella CyclingTips. March 2016.
- Opinion: podium boys are no better than podium girls. Ella CyclingTips. March 2016.
- What you need to know about riding with “the boys”. Ella CyclingTips. September 1, 2015.
- An open letter to Oleg Tinkov. Ella CyclingTips. September 2015
- How To: Ride with less stress during *that time* of the month. Ella CyclingTips and the Cascade Courier. 2015
- Women Bike: Advice Column. Cascade Courier. 2015.